About KDK Cares

We are a family-owned business operating in the Central Coast, Lake Macquarie, and Newcastle areas for over 8 years.

Our business started off as a husband and wife handyman business servicing the over 50's villages around the Lake Munmorah, Chain Valley bay areas. We were regularly asked by a number of home care agencies to complete work for mutual clients, our relationship has steadly grown and expanded to include support services.

Our aim is to provide quality staff to help aged care providers maintain their high standards of care, whether it be through regular staffing, expansion or redundancy cover.

We have steadfastly decided that the niche for our business is supporting the current aged care providers to enhance and strengthen their service offerings, not competing with them.

About our team

Our team of over 30 experienced and qualified AIN's, cleaning and support staff, handymen and gardeners have all been formally interviewed and vetted, and hold current police, qualification and vaccination certificates.

In 2022 we made the decision to offer our contractors the opportunity to switch to employees and as such 90% of our staff have taken this opportunity with the other 10% still happy to work with us as contractors.

We adhere to the current SCHADS award for home care and can supply you certificates of currency for workers compensation, public liability and professional indemnity insurance. You can be confident that when you utilise our services your clients are in safe hands.

Our services

  • domestic assistance; cleaning, general help around the house.
  • social support; lunch / cuppa, drive, social interaction.
  • shopping; grocery shopping, errands.
  • transport; doctor, appointments etc.
  • meal prep / assist; help prepare multiple meals or encourage client to eat their meal.
  • respite; stay with the client while the partner has a break.
  • personal care (AIN and above); showering, dressing etc.
  • gardening, lawns and hedging
  • general handyman; maintenance and repairs, installation of disability aids

At the end of each clients service, a client welfare report will be completed and emailed to your care team by our team member taking into account a basic visual inspection of the current physical and mental health of the client as well as listing any concerns by the worker and requests from the client.